Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Making a difference - change i am !!!!!

We did some prayers for grandma last weekend and it was a day full of mixed emotions. I was sad and happy and all other emotions mixed into one. I was afraid of being the first one to shed tears because even though it was already a year she still lives so vividly in my heart and mind. Memories of her keep pouring in and it put a smile to my face.




She loved visiting an orphanage in Klang and to continue in her tradition of visiting the place we headed there later that night. We had catered some food for them to have dinner and seeing 40 children who aren't as fortunate as us really touches you deep inside. For once I realised how easy I have things and how I've taken so many things for granted. I'm not sure if it's because of experience or am starting to think about other people other than myself and being less selfish but being around them gave me joy that words just can't describe.






Then I got this link from a dear friend and it immediately triggered feelings and memories especially after the visit to the orphanage.

http://www.makeadifferencemovie.com/movieteacher/full/

I remembered the reason for this blog, the reason I wanted to pen down my thoughts and feelings. I wanted to change, I wanted to make a difference. Hopefully I have been doing that and I will continue striving to make a difference and to learn from my mistakes to be a better person for myself and the people around me.

Thanks to everyone for being there when I needed someone to talk to and for showing me that life is indeed beautiful. Many hugs and kisses to my friends and family. May we continue cherishing the memories we have together and continue making a lot more in the future. After all life is always about the journey and having you all around me, makes that journey memorable and worth going through :)

2 comments:

blurblurpiggy said...

Yes we all can make a difference! Giving a hug to a friend, you can make a difference, giving a smile to someone, you can make a difference. It helps brighten up a persons day. Did you know? =) By lending a listening ear, you can make a difference.
A blog is not for everyone, its for yourself, to pen down anything you want, happiness, unhappiness. Doesn't matter who reads it, who doesn't who has opinions, who doesn't, whats important is you yourself, you move on, you live, you be happy, you do what you want =)
I'm long winded I know. Signs of getting old! But I'm a friend and I care SOOOOOOOOOO THATS WHY I'm typing so much =P

Anonymous said...

watttttttttttttttt ?? you growing old ?? then I must be ancient. Yes the feeling of joy when you put a smile on a stranger's face or even the face of the people you know is just priceless and it gives me great joy to know in some little way my actions means something to someone and it made their day/moment just slightly better than what it was a few seconds ago :)

I believe that if you cannot do great things at least do small things in great ways :)