Thursday, September 28, 2006

Blogging tools

Okay I haven't been really blogging that long and only recently have I started to take a look at other people blogs and see what it's all about. I've always wondered what are the tools that bloggers use to get their post online.

When I first started out I logged into Blogger and used their editor to do all my posting. For a while it was fine since I had internet connection most of the time and was content with the features available on their site. As I was reading other blogs and started noticing this thing called tags on some of them. One thing led to another and I began to look for tools that allowed me to add tags to my blog. Most of them seem to be using Technorati Tags and I guess I couldn't go wrong so I signed up for it.

After some browsing I found this page that explained how I could have tags in my post when logged into blogger. I had to install Greasemonkey extension for the Mozilla which allows custom user scripts to be installed and run from the browser itself. Technorati Multiple Word Tags is the script that you need to download and install. Am still playing around with the tags and settings to see which fits me the best.

Obviously I'm still learning about the various methods of blogging and recently I came across another blog that talks about Performancing extension for the Mozilla. This is an application that is intergrated into Mozilla and allows me to type into their own editor which will then automatically login and post my blog into blogger. This is the first post from Performancing and hopefully all turns out well.

Update - I guess I just found something I don't really like with Performancing. It doesn't allow me to choose the type of font before I post my blog. So now I have to still log into blogger to change the font type and publish it again. Grrrrrrrrr

0 comments: