Monday, July 16, 2007

Shit happens

One minute we were having the time of our life and nothing could happen to ruin it but then what is life without a surprise or two. Good ole uncle murphy came to the rescue with his law and spoilt what would have been a lovely day.

Went up genting on Saturday night to just chill and enjoy the coldness and on the way back the car decided to retaliate and die at 1am in the morning spewing smoke from under the hood. Knew for sure there's nothing I could do about it as it smelled like something was burning with nothing else to do and no one to call decided to leave the car parked at the side of the road and try to get a room for the night and guess what the whole of Genting was fully booked !!!! Not even a single room available anywhere !!! What the fook wrong with people don't they have a home to go to ?!?!?!?

With no other choice we decided to catch a cab back which costs RM 100 for a roller coaster ride down Genting only to be greeted with glaring red lights at the toll booth because the stupid police decided to hold a road block at 3am in the morning to catch people who just want to reach home as soon as possible to sleep.

Reached home after 3am and woke up at 6am+ wondering what to do about my predicament and gave up after a while and went back to sleep. Woke up again 9am and felt so restless decided to go play badminton to sweat a little and get things off my mind. Made arrangements with my mechanic to go up around 3pm to check out the car.

So we went up and it was freaking raining. Is there anything else that can happen ? Well obviously I wouldn't want to know what else could happen because enough shit has been happening. Reached the top and it was raining and it was freaking cold and we couldn't do anything under the rain so we went to Starbucks to have a drink while waiting for the rain to stop. Cold and tired and stressed I called my boo to calm down.

We went back to the car around 5pm+ and he manage to find the cause of the problem. My wiring to the injectors/coil plugs were burnt/hangus/bakar/fried/gone-ded and there's nothing he can do about it. Called a tow truck around 6+pm and he said it will take him about 2 hours to get to us and it's gonna cost me RM 550 !!! What the fook .. that's freaking daylight robbery. With no other choice had to agree to get the car towed to the workshop.

Feeling cold after getting wet from the rain and tired and stressed and with the whole body aching all over and hungry and lonely I sat in the car and just pondered upon my interesting and exciting day.

Sat in the car and took a short nap while waiting for the tow truck guy to arrive and got the car towed to the workshop. It's going to take a while for the car to get fixed and I have no idea how much it's going to cost.

Reached back KL around 9pm and feeling hungry called my boo to go have dinner thinking the tow truck will take some time to reached KL and to my surprise as I picked up my boo got a call from my mech saying he's already at the workshop. That was freaking fast. So rushed to the workshop to settle him off and check on the car.

Now that is settled told my mech to try his best to get it done as soon as possible as I have no transport to work and he offered to borrow one of his cars while mine was getting fixed but the catch was I had to go collect it myself from Balakong. So made arrangements to go there and got a friend who stays in Sri Petaling who will be going there later at night. So made my way to Sri Petaling around 10:30pm and said good bye to my boo as I hoped on to my friends car and moved my stuff over. I had a car ownership card with me as well and when I reached Balakong I realised that the car ownership card was missing. Immediately called my boo to check if it's in her car and lo and behold it's not there. Murpy has been very busy today concentrating on me.

The best part was I was too tired to even be worried or shocked. All I could think about was the hassle I have to go through to get it replaced. Going to the police station and making a police report .. yada yada yada .. Took the spare car and drove all the way back to Sri Petaling at 12am crossing my fingers hoping that it dropped on the road and when I reached there I see my car ownership card lying on the side of the road. Thank god it was still there. A little wet and damp from the water on the road but it was there. Phewwwwwww thank god murphy was taking a break.

Reached home and told my boo the good news. Finally some good news after a very interesting day. Thanks for being there for me and helping me out as best as you can. Really appreciate it a lot !!!! *huggsssssss*

So ends my interesting Sunday which will be in my memory for a long time to come !!!