Thursday, February 08, 2007

Sadness ....

Yesterday was such a heart wrenching experience for me. I got home from work around 8pm and the house was empty and I headed up to my room and while I was just lazing around the room I got a phone call from my dad saying that he's in the clinic now and our dog got injured badly because of a fight with another dog. At that exact moment I could feel my heart just skip a beat. He's been with us for almost 10 years now and is a part of the family and hearing such news is devastating.

I quickly drove to the clinic and when I saw him on the table with his tongue sticking out and trying his hardest to move his head to acknowledge my presence I felt my heart just dropping to the floor. He looked so helpless and I felt so useless not being able to do anything other than hold his little head in my hands. The doctor said he has tried his best to save him and because of the internal damage and his age the doctor asked us to keep him as comfortable as possible and pray for him.

Today as I was leaving for work I just gave him a gentle pat on the head and hope that he will recover soon from his injuries. Really saddens me to see the active little bugger sitting in the corner so helpless with his wounds and stitches.

Update - My dad just called me and said that he's more serious than we thought. His back bone is broken and so is his legs and he's now in the hospital under going surgery and will need to spend the night in the hospital. I feel so helpless ......

Technorati Tags : , , , , , , ,

4 comments:

blurblurpiggy said...

T_____T omg ...my heart just stopped beating for 3 seconds...>< so sad..your poor doggy T_T
I hope he is able to recover soon ...give him a hug for me too yeah?
*Huggiez*

changeiam said...

yup yup will do .. just went to visit him yesterday and he looks much better though his condition is still unknow and the doctor also not sure if he will make a full recovery as he's lost some nerves to his back part of his body and had movement in only his front legs yesterday .. but at least he seems to be recovering .. just waiting for him to be better before bringing him back

Unknown said...

poor baby T_T
how come can gaduh wif other dog wan...so garang ><

changeiam said...

jan dunno la how he go and fight with other dog also. I wasn't at home. He still in hospital lor now .. kesian also see him .. he wants to come back with us but still cannot coz doctor keeping him for monitoring