Friday, March 30, 2007

Emi Fujita - Camomile Classics


Always on the lookout for different kind of music this post got me to try Emi Fujita's Camomile Classic album. Thinking that I've heard of the name somewhere before, I took out my cd collection which by the way was collecting dust under my bed after my long break from the audiophile world and there she was in one of my audiophile voices collection album.


Knowing that I will definately love her singing I got hold of the Camomile Classis album. The songs available on this album are

  1. Over the Rainbow
  2. Melody Fair
  3. All My Loving
  4. The Rose
  5. I'll HAve to Say I Love You In A Song
  6. Lovin' You
  7. The End of The World
  8. Best Of My Love
  9. And I Love You So
  10. Try To Remember
  11. Walking In The Air
  12. If
  13. Leaving On A Jet Plane
  14. Over The Rainbow (Reprise)
  15. Proud of You
  16. Rainbow Bridge
Camomile Classic takes familiar songs and then strip them down to include her lovely vocals acompanied with some instruments. As soon as you play the first track Over the Rainbow instantly you are rewarded with plucking/picking of guitar followed by Emi's lovely vocals. The combination of guitar and vocals just puts you in the mood and closing your eyes you can really imagine all your problems flying away as you really fly over the rainbow .. okay it just sounds good .. trust me !!!

Being of Japenese origin in some of the songs you can actually hear her ascent come into play but soon after you will forget about her the way she pronounces some words as her lovely vocal soon takes you to another world. Somehow the way she sings reminds me of Keiko Lee.

Some of my favourite tracks are
  • Over the Rainbow
  • All my Loving
  • Best Of My Love
  • And I Love You So
  • If
  • Leaving on a Jet Plane
Overall I love all the songs in the album and if you're into vocals albeit the weird ascent once in a while you're bound to love this album.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

kakaka i have tis too : P

learnt bout her from yoga classes.

blurblurpiggy said...

i'm leaving on a jetplane.......
don't know when i'll be back again...

Anonymous said...

bulat ok la you not that blur after all

jan yes yes faster get on that jet plane