Thursday, August 21, 2008

dinner + dessert + serenade + beer = AWESOME !!!

I can't remember the last time I've actually gone out with the intention of wanting to know more about someone. Actually I know exactly when and it's been that freaking long for me to be curious about someone else but I guess good things really come to those who wait.

It took quite a bit of courage of actually asking the person out but after much thinking the worst that could happen was she would say no or she might not be free but obviously that didn't happen and plans were made to meetup tonight. The meeting was set at 7:30 pm for dinner but as I was heading there I got an sms asking if we could meet at 8pm instead which was fine by me. When 8pm came another sms came stating that she was following Malaysian timing which basically meant she would be late. Hmmmm this wasn't starting to look very good and I was having second thoughts about the whole thing but I gave her the benefit of the doubt.

Finally she arrived at 8:30pm making me wait for 1 1/2 hours. Okay nevermind that she was late, I didn't want to start the night on the wrong foot so I put on a smile and push any negative thoughts I had aside. We went to a Japanese restaurant where we had an amazing dinner and we started talking about stuff and suprisingly there wasn't a dull quiet moment. We kept talking and talking about stuff, about us, about people around us.

After a while, once dinner was over we decided to head for dessert and seeing as to how most shops in the shopping center closes early we drove out but there lies the problem as to how we are going to solve the car issue as both of us drove. She came up with a brilliant solution and instead of stressing over the whole situation it was settled in less than 5 minutes. I'm impressed :D

We ended up in baskin robbins where she wanted to play me a song. Earlier in the day she said she was playing the guitar during lunch and I jokingly said she must make sure she plays for me later when we meet and to my surprise she answered yes and what surprised me even more is that she actually brought the guitar along !!!! As we finished our ice cream suddenly out of nowhere music was being played over the stereo. I guess people were cleaning up and were blasting the music or something.

We walked around looking for a nice quiet place and we finally found one. She whipped out the guitar and I could sense her nervousness but at the same time I had utmost admiration and respect that she actually kept her word and is going through with the whole thing.

She started by playing one of Mia's song Sayang. Can you believe it ?!?!? Another Mia lover !!! OMG I felt as though I had died and gone to heaven !! I tried so hard not to stare at her but it was difficult ahahha and I think it was quite obvious as well so I had to look away once in a while :D She finally finishes and I was just awed and left speechless. She was really good and with the encouragement she continued on with another song and this time it was Cranberries Dreaming My Dream and I really thought I was dreaming alright. After yet another stellar performance she sang a Beatles number this time titled Blackbird. I was just mesmerised. She continued on and sang Bic Runga Sway !!! OMG she likes Bic Runga as well !!!! I seriously was in heaven now :D She sang one last number which I can't really remember the title cause I think I've only heard it once or twice before. - The song is called 3 Libra's by A Perfect Circle.

Can you believe it ?!?! A lady is singing songs for me !!!! hahahahaha not 1 or 2 or 3 but 5 songs !!! I really was in cloud nine :D The mosquitoes were killing us by then and we decided to call it a night before we get chased by the security guards or something :D Made our way back to the car and I drove her back home but before heading back she suggested we stop for a beer because her housemate was not back yet and so there we were in a bar nearby having a beer continuing our interesting night out.

Finally her friend came and we had to call it a night. It's amazing how time flies when you're with someone you really enjoy spending time with. I was always afraid of going out alone with someone for in fear of running out of things to say or talk about but I guess when you're with someone you are comfortable with a simple question could result in a full on discussion leading to anywhere and everywhere. Would I want to go out with her again ? That would be a big YES :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!! I am seriously so happy for u. This is better than I could ever imagine. It's like a fairytale.

Did I catch a glimpse of hope? Is there hope for love after all? To soon to tell but I'm just glad to see the HOPE!! Life is such.. u can never tell what's gonna heppen but never shut the door on life.

Welcome back!!

Anonymous said...

I'm also seriously happy :) Yeah I know I think sometimes I am living in a fairytale !!! hahahaha

There's always hope .. hope for love is also always there. it's just waiting to be unlocked by the right person hahahahah .. sound damn melodramatic !!! LOL