Friday, August 18, 2006

Getting lazy

Have been rather busy and lazy this whole week. Was back in office on Wednesday after the training and was bog down with work and report generation for audit purposes. So haven't been able to update the blog. Yes yes I know it's not an excuse but I'm making up for it now.

Haven't been to the gym this whole week as well and the hotel buffet is definately going to have an effect later on. Have to make sure to head for badminton game this evening. Was also suppose to meet my group member to finish off on our assignment but she was tied up with a meeting so we will have to meetup on another day.

Had some bad news this week as well. One of my manager wife and kid was diagnosed with Hand, Foot, & Mouth Disease. This year has not been a very good year for him. Hope his wife and kid have a speedy recovery. For those who don't know much about this disease you can read about it here.

Was also talking to a friend online and she just lost a close friend of her's due to an accident and she was rather close to him and obviously she's feeling rather upset and lost. That's a few death already this year happening to people I know. It's a rather scary thought and reminds me of how precious life is and how we need to ensure that we live our life to the fullest EVERYDAY because who knows what might happen tomorrow.

With all the things that are happening to people around me it's been rather hard to think of what good might come out of this "unfortunate" incidents that has happened to them or the people close to them. People says everything happens for a reason and there's always a silver lining in every cloud but sometimes it's easier said than done as we are all emotional beings and when bad things happen the first thing that pops into our mind is WHY !! Guess like the book I was reading entitled If life was a game these are the rules mentions everyone has different lessons in life and instead of comparing ourselves with others and asking why we should learn from our experience and become a much stronger and experienced person.

Thinking about this also has left me rather depresed as I have no idea to what I have accomplished so far with my life. Seems like life is so short and the time we have to do the things we want to do is so limited. If compared to many of my friends (which I souldn't be doing in the first place) they seem to be having good jobs and being paid well and some are even happily married with kids where else I'm still single,broke and living with my parents. I guess now I'm more aware of the things that are happening around me compared to before and I'm trying my best to get out of my comfort zone to enjoy and experience all that life has to offer. I shall not let my insecurities dictate how my life should be !!! CHANGE I AM

To all those that have lost a loved one recently I'm sure they are now in heaven looking down on us and blessing us in all that we do and hopefully one day we shall be able to join them once again.

0 comments: