Monday, August 07, 2006

Weekend has come and gone

So the weekend is over and it's Monday again. Was a very boring and slow Sunday. Spend the first half of the morning just lazing around in bed and in front of the tv. Around lunch time got a phone call from a friend asking if I wanted to follow them to visit another friend whose mother in law passed away recently and now having the funeral ceremony.

It was quite an awkward as I was rather uncomfortable and didn't know what to say or do. I just told him I was sorry for his losses and told him to be strong. We sat down and talked a while and left there later in the evening. As I was driving away from there I realised that we are now in the age where someone older/close to us will be leaving us sooner or later. It was rather troubling for me as I have never been very close with my parents (emotionally) and the thought of loosing them scares the living daylights out of me. I have tried to be a good child and do the things that they want me to but as time goes by and as I tend to grow older, I find that we seldom get a long especially when it comes to how I'm running my life. I guess with time we have somehow drifted apart. This is definately something that needs to be changed as I want them to know how much I love them and care for them.

I headed over to KL to pay my credit card and then hop by Borders to have a look at some books. Got myself a few books. Looks like I'm starting to get into this read as often as possible thingy. At the moment reading more self help/improvement books as I definately need all the help and guidance possible, be it from books or friends. Since it was still quite early decided to catch a movie as well. Saw The Breakup starring Vince Vaughn (Gary) and Jennifer Aniston (Brooke). It was damn funny but at the same time a real eye opener.


*spoiler alert*
The part that really got to me was when Gary didn't show up to the concert after promising Brooke that he'd be there. She was alone in the concert while everyone else around her was jumping and screaming their lungs out. She got back home that night and spent the rest of the night in her room crying. Gary got back and hears her crying and comes to check up on her. She then finally tells Gary what really is on her mind and how much Gary has hurt her and taken her for
granted.

The other part that got to me was when Gary realised what a fool he's been and tries to make up for it by cooking dinner and wanting to have a romantic time with Brooke but she instead ends up bringing someone back home. What Brooke said after Gary finished explaining himself and acknowledging how much of a prick he's been and how's he's willing to change for her really felt like dejavu. She said that she has given everything she has into the relationship and now she has nothing to give anymore and she has changed and doesn't have the same feelings as she used to.
*end spoiler*

Overall it's a good show that many people in or out of a relationship can relate to especially if you're just broke up with your partner.

0 comments: