Friday, November 24, 2006

TGIF

Been away from the office for the past two days attending a training in Subang. Since it was so near my house I had the chance to wake up later than I usually do but because of the unfamiliarity of the place, I reached about 5 mins late and the instructor has already started teaching the class. It's a business writing workshop. There were other people there as well from the institute itself.

We had a longer break on Friday due to Friday prayers and since we had nothing to do after lunch some of us decided to head to Subang Parade to go for some window shopping. Yah rite window shopping, ended spending quite a bit. I needed new sports shoes and World of Sports was having sales and I bought of Nike shoes with 30% discount. Quite a good deal I would say plus the fact it was the last pair there. Yes yes I'm trying to justify my purchase. We then head over to MPH to have a look at some books.

There was this one book that I was looking for and I couldn't find it in Borders. So I looked through their computer system and they had it in stock. So obviously I got it, so much for window shopping and not wanting to spend money. While I was walking to the counter I heard this beautiful voice and was immediately mesmerised by it and found myself walking towards it like a bug towards the light.

There was this Jazz singer performing live at the Mph cafe and I immediately just fell in love with her voice and the way she sings. Not being very familiar with the local music scene I had no idea who she was or how famous is she. She was there promoting her single. Her name is Mia Palencia and you can check out her website here.

I sat there for a good 15-20 mins and my colleagues wanted to leave because the class was about to start soon. I was so reluctant to leave because I was really enjoying the music. With a heavy heart I got up and gave Mia a sad look and she gave a nod and I left. Just as I was walking out of Mph noticed that another colleague was missing so I went looking for her and she was busy getting a book so that gave me a few more minutes to listen to Mia singing. She was already singing her last song so I decided to wait for her to finish and get her to sign the single cd that I got.

When she was done I went up to her to get her autograph and she asked where were my friends and I told her I ran away from them to get her autograph. hahhah. She's performing again this weekend in Mph but I won't be able to make it because of classes. Damn it. So after my intresting little afternoon we went back to class just in the nick of time. I would have stayed until the end though if I had a choice.


Mia's new single and I got her autograph. Yipeeee dee doo dahhh


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, seriously I admire the amount of balls you have.

changeiam said...

ahhh about what ah ? Nothing compared to you all la .. still learning the ropes ... :D