Thursday, August 02, 2007

Because I said so !!!

Was suppose to watch Transformers last night but some how our booking got mixed up and there's only like 3 rows from screen available. I mean like cmon now it's been playing like almost forever so why is it still like so packed. I thought I was the only one left in town who hasn't watched it yet ... duhhhhh .. anyway me and my boo ended up watching Because I Said So and it's a lucky thing we did as well cause it was funny as hell.

When we got the ticket I had no idea what the show was about and only knew from my boo that Diane Keaton and Mandy Moore is acting in it and it's a show about mother and daughter. Well it sounded pretty alright and it couldn't be that bad right. Joined by Piper Perabo and Lauren Graham as her sisters.

Diane Keaton plays the character Daphne a mother of three who always seems to have time to be in the lives of her daughters whether they like it or not. Mae (Piper Perabo) and Maggie (Lauren Graham) already settled down with married life, Daphne takes it upon herself to help her youngest daughter Millie (Mandy Moore) to find the perfect match.

So begins the quirky personal ad by the mother for the daughter and the interviewing process to find the perfect candidate for her daughter. After much failure she finally meets the wealthy architect Jason (Tom Everett Scott) but at the same time draws some unwanted attention from local musician Johnny (Gabriel Macht) who is also interested in meeting Millie.

The movie is filled with funny moments which will leave you laughing your pants off and it's definitely one of those movies that I don't mind watching again. What really got me thinking after watching the show was how Daphne explains a mothers love. It was funny as hell yet at the same time made so much sense. The other part that connected with me was when Johnny found out that Millie was dating Jason and he asked her a series of question and Millie was just left dumbfounded and couldn't answer him at all. I could feel actually felt the pain, hurt, anger and disappointment that Johnny must have felt. Sometimes good guys do finish last after all .. ahhaha .. For those who think you have an overprotective mother this is a must watch show !!!

0 comments: